Okay, so I could go on ALL DAY about the glory of essential oils as safe, natural, accessible, affordable healthcare that WORKS.
But to save you time, here are just a few FAQs.
WHAT are essential oils?
- Produced by plants to protect from bacteria and fungus, insect attack, and decay.
- Extracted from various parts of natural plant material (flowers, leaves, seeds, bark, wood, etc…) by steam distillation or cold pressing.
- When you smell a rose blossom or lemon rind or eucalyptus leaf, you are smelling pure essential oil!
WHY use essential oils?
- EOs are also 50-70x more powerful than herbs! That’s an extremely potent dose of healing plant power!
- Our olfactory senses play a BIG role to soothe or uplift our emotional state in terms of aromatherapy, via our limbic and nervous systems.
- EOs can also be used for hands-on health care, due to the fact that they are convenient, fast acting, multi-purpose, and cost effective!
WHICH essential oils to choose?
- As with anything else, we get what we pay for. You can purchase EOs at Walmart or Whole Foods, and everywhere in between.
- EOs are unregulated by the FDA, which means that anyone can sell an oil and market it as “100% pure essential oil” when in fact it can (and most often does) contain synthetic ingredients, fillers, carrier oils, pollutants. Translation: they are TOXIC!
- I STRONGLY recommend only using oils which meet the following standards:
— Sourced from expert growers committed to meeting the highest quality standards.
— 100% pure and contain zero fillers, pesticides, chemicals or artificial ingredients. In short, MORE than organic.
— Tested for purity and composition after distillation and upon arrival for production.
— Certified to have the correct & optimal chemical composition to achieve desired results.
HOW to use certified pure therapeutic grade oils?
- Aromatically (ideal for emotional, respiratory or immune support)
— Inhale from an open bottle
— Rub a drop between the palms and deeply inhale
— Use a diffuser to emit oil particles into your environment
- Topically (ideal for areas of discomfort or irritation, or for immune boost)
— Apply 1-4 drops to affected area or to the bottoms of feet
— NOTE: some EOs must be diluted (ie. Oregano, Cinnamon…) while others may be sensitive to some skin types.
— It is important to be informed on how to use each oil before applying neat topically!
- Internally (ideal for digestive upset or support of the immune system. ONLY certified pure therapeutic grade oils.)
— Ingest 1 or more drops in a capsule
— Under the tongue
— In drinking water
— Add to recipes.
HOW can I learn more & get my hands on high quality EOs?
- Schedule a complimentary one-on-one wellness consultation with me!
- Attend a future class or workshop
- Send me an email! email@example.com
- Check out my Events Calendar to see local gatherings, classes & events in the LA area.
- Want to host me at your place for a class? Just ask! I’m happy to come and teach your circle about natural solutions with EOs.
WANT MORE INFO?
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive oil-related health tips, ideas and inspiration (no inbox bombs here, expect one email per month!)