Become a happier, healthier human by claiming your voice!
Discover the transformational power of your voice
to boost your confidence, create connection in your community and heal yourself from the inside out…
Are you one of the many (many) people out there who love to sing but are literally mortified to sing in front of others?
I WISH this was not such a common issue, but the truth is most Americans would rather get naked in public than let anyone hear them sing!
I completely get it… This used to be me, too.
So why is this such a rampant issue?
Because the culture in which we were raised didn’t teach us how to express ourselves in this way.
In other words, it’s not your fault!
And it’s not because you are a “bad” singer.
Britta’s teachings are much more than how to sing, but how to carry and express spirit.
I used to be apprehensive and fearful of rejection around my voice. Britta was able to pinpoint some of the negative beliefs I had that were preventing me from accessing my voice.
Britta helped me understand that music calls us to be embodied, and that singing requires courage to be vulnerable and open.
I have learned to love and be kind to my voice and my spirit. Through this work I have seen how the voice requires a safe space to be expressed and that softening the body, mind, and heart is how we create an environment for song to be present and nourish us.
Britta is very aligned with spirit — she was able to receive and convey messages to address blockages I had that prevented me from expressing myself fully through song. She is a graceful expression of the divine feminine. She has raised the bar for me in terms of how I carry myself in everyday life as well as in song.
— Gemma Andaya
Psychotherapist & Yoga Teacher, Las Vegas NV
You see, my friend, we think of singing as a ‘performance art’ and minimize its potential on our lives as a whole.
But what I’ve seen and discovered myself is that people who use singing as a tool in their lives are happier, more connected to their loved ones and their community, have more flow with their creativity, and have greater access to their feelings, which makes them HEALTHIER humans.
As a holistic health expert, singing is one of the best prescriptions I know of to uplevel your confidence, unblock your creativity, deepen your connection to the essence of life itself and to the lifeforce that lives in your own body.
Singing is NOT just a hobby, friends!
Don’t believe me?
For my naysayers, here are some of the many emotional and physical health benefits of singing…
- strengthens the immune system
- tones respiratory organs
- improves lung function
- increases breath capacity
- strengthens your core
- improves your posture
- acts as a natural antidepressant
- lowers cortisol levels and stress
- improves mental alertness
- can create more connection with your community and relationships
- boosts confidence
- opens the flow of creativity
- improves listening and communication skills
- It has even been shown to greatly assist elderly with neural disorders such as dementia and alzheimers!
What more motivation do you need?!?
Obviously, most of us desire to be healthy, whole people.
But when it comes to singing, what most of us want is simply to sound decent!
We want to be able to sing along with our favorite song…
or do karaoke at our friend’s birthday party…
or even lead a song at a family gathering…
without feeling completely horrified and unsure what will come out of our mouth.
And beyond that, many of us are carrying around old stories of shame, fear and rejection.
We are afraid that using our voice in public (especially singing) might bring criticism, and someone might even silence us or make us feel ashamed for trying.
But my friends, Good news!
All is not lost!
How can we expect to be good at something we have not ever practiced, or received training or guidance in?
Most of us wouldn’t expect to speak Portuguese or do a handstand without some practice and training, right?
Singing is no different.
And the silver lining is that in the practice lies gems of insight, evolution and upgraded energy that will raise the vibration of your entire life!
That’s why I invite you to join me for my brand new online course…
Become a happier, healthier human by claiming your voice!
Holistic Singing is a 6-week online, virtual course designed to help you
- start singing immediately
- disprove your best arguments for why there’s no hope for you as a singer
- destroy all the obstacles in the way of expressing your authentic voice
- sing safely + keep your throat, lungs and voice healthy
- step onto a new path of playful musical exploration!
Think of this course as Singing 101 + Holistic Healthcare + Dharma Lesson 🙂
Whether you identify as a singer or not, this course will lay down a sturdy foundation for your new (or renewed) musical practice, giving you tools for singing and expressing your truth with clarity and confidence.
In this unique and friendly approach, we’ll cover the 3 Ms of holistic singing:
- the emotional and mental upgrades we’ll need to install so you can meet your voice with curiosity and enjoy the journey of melodic self expression through song
- the physical instruction on how to safely sing full out, while upleveling your tone, strength, volume, posture, breath, and overall ability to command and control your singing voice with ease and grace
- the practical (yet magical) spell your singing voice will cast over your life, and how to intentionally use it to create more joy, creativity, connection, confidence and insight in your body, your energy and your relationships
At the end of the course, you’ll have newfound skills, techniques, practices & perspectives, plus a toolbox full of songs to soothe your soul and celebrate the beauty and mystery of life.
And, you’ll have access to the course content for life, so you can go back and review it whenever you like.
This will be the pilot version of this course, and one of the only times I will offer it with me live as your guide and mentor…
After that it will be a prerecorded, self-guided course (which will still be awesome, btw.)
We’ll meet virtually (online) for 6 weeks in April and May.
- 5 x 90-minute video classes
- This is when I teach you the mindset, mechanics and magic of singing, walking you through a wide array of exercises, techniques and methods for getting comfortable in your voice and growing as a singer
- Additional video & audio trainings, handouts, and a resource library to support your new music practice
- These trainings include mindset activities, journaling prompts, worksheets, vocal warmups, practices and drills, breath exercises, and of course, lots of new songs to practice on!
- 1 x 90-minute group Q&A call with me to cover any ground, questions or concerns I might have overlooked
- This is a special feature included only in the pilot version of the course, so that as a participant you’re able to ask me questions about anything in the course content you don’t understand, areas that are particularly troublesome for you, or work through any sticky emotional blocks.
We kick things off with our first class on Thursday, April 9, 2020.
Group classes will take place live on Thursdays for 6 weeks from 5-6:30pm PT.
For my folks who like to plan ahead, the dates of all our classes are:
April 9 | April 16 | April 23 | April 30 | May 7 | May 14
And for my folks who fret that they won’t make every class live…
All classes will be recorded, so no worries!
(though of course we’d love to have you with us)
Usually, hiring a voice coach and getting this level of training is an investment.
I recognize this, and I honor you for being willing to invest in your growth as a singer (and as a healthy, happy human!).
To work with me privately on your voice would cost triple what I’m charging for this course…
But since the birth of this vision, it’s been a primary goal of mine to make this content accessible to my entire community.
I’ve experienced the transformative power of song firsthand and I want to share that with you!
There are 2 payment plans so you can choose the option that works best for you:
- $300 deposit today + $198 payment 30 days from today (total of $498)
- Pay in full and get an additional $50 off! (total of $448)
Hark! What was that?
Did someone say “bonuses”?
To sweeten the pot even further…
I’m offering a F R E E 1-on-1 coaching session with me for the first 8 humans who register for this course!
This session is valued at $183, and is a perfect time to share any insecurities arising, divulge your dreams for singing, work through reservations and resistance together, and get personal attention from me to help you work through your biggest voice blocks.
We’ll warm up, we’ll breath, we’ll sing, we might cry, and we’ll definitely laugh! 🙂
And because I want you to be absolutely delighted with what you receive from this course, I’ve created a
“I felt I would be banished to singing only when I was alone in my car.
Before working with Britta, I wanted to sing but my fear held me back from singing in front of others.
Britta held a strong and safe container— she eased me into the singing process, but also offered practices that stretched me in other ways.
The safety and friendliness of the practices allowed me space to grow and inspired me to keep practicing, building my confidence and ultimately leading to improved singing.
A literal dream come true!
This is real energy work with a practitioner who is true and clear. A very special experience indeed”.
— Dresden Holden, Acupuncturist, Santa Barbara CA
Psychotherapist & Yoga Teacher, Las Vegas NV
Meet your guide:
Not that long ago, I was TERRIFIED to sing in front of anyone.
I was a closet “car singer” who loved to sing, but only in secret.
If anyone actually heard me singing, I felt mortified.
I actually auditioned for my high school’s jazz choir at the beginning of my senior year, just to see if I could get in…
(in full transparency, I sang a song from the pole dancer in “RENT”) 🙂
They told me I was pretty good, but that I would need to spend some time in the normal choir and earn my place in the jazz choir.
I was like, ‘cool, no thanks.’
Fast forward over a decade, and some deep excavation into spirituality, wellness, creativity and inner development work…
I met a friend and mentor who said to a group of us,
“if you’re looking for spiritual growth, start a music practice.”
I took his advice to heart, and I began to sing.
What a wild ride that 9 years later…
- I actually WRITE SONGS.
- I actually SING IN FRONT OF PEOPLE without thinking twice (or letting my ego get in the way)
- I even have a marriage that is rooted in MUSIC
And not only did I start and now lead a community choir with my husband, but I’m finding some of my deepest work in the world to be with the voice, and helping others make the journey that I’ve made…
… from believing that I “couldn’t sing” and feeling terrified of being heard, exposed and witnessed in my song…
… to LOVING the experience of sharing my voice with my community and my loved ones…
… not to mention the profound healing I’ve experienced and the incredible lessons I’ve learned through the mentor of music…
(‘cause you know, singing is giving yourself a personal sound bath!)
And if you’re looking for a more traditional bio, here you go:
Britta GreenViolet is a Holistic Health, Voice & Lifestyle Coach who teaches visionary professionals to optimize their energy, reduce stress and weigh what they want. She is also a musician, sound healer and vocal coach who supports men and women reclaim their voice as an avenue for healing, activism and human connection.
The published author of “Eat Here Now: a bite-sized guide to ritualize your life, nourish your body and feed your spirit.”, Britta’s work is informed by over a decade of study, research and inquiry in the fields of integrative nutrition, essential oils and plant medicine, yoga, sound healing and music, meditation, movement and spirituality.
Rooted in the belief that we must feel our best in order to be our best, Britta’s lovingly-crafted offerings combine mindfulness, ritual and holistic wellness methodologies that deliver radiant results.
So how do you know if this course is for you?
So glad you asked!
This course is for you if
- You love to sing. Period. (No matter how it sounds!)
- You’re never sure if you’re singing the right note with the song on the radio (but you’re having fun anyway!)
- You think you might actually have a decent voice already, but you’re still pretty insecure about anyone hearing it (and wonder what might happen if you gave it some attention)
- You’ve been curious about taking a music class or voice lessons, but something has been blocking you from taking action (fear, money, time…)
This course is also for you if you ever say phrases like…
- “Oh, you don’t want to hear me sing!”
- “I can’t carry a tune”
- “I love to sing but I’m terrible”
- “My voice is awful!”
- “Singing is fun, but I’m not very good”
This course is not for you if you’re looking for
- A classical music training
- Music theory education
- A hardass teacher who will criticize or shame you and agree with your self-limiting beliefs
Still on the fence?
I want to make sure you know that I am only going to be teaching this course LIVE once or twice at the most…
This is a rare opportunity to get personal attention from me and get this course at its very best (at a third of the cost you would pay to have me coach you privately)
Don’t wait, my friend.
We begin the journey on April 9th.
Are you in?
I’ve opened up a limited number of 15-min Friendly Phone Chats on my calendar.
If you’ve got questions or concerns, grab one of those spots HERE,
Or send me an email at email@example.com
In these rich and mysterious times on planet earth, we need all the help we can get to boost our health, our mood and our morale.
Our body is quite possibly our greatest spiritual teacher, and what better way to dive into the deep waters of self-discovery and self-healing than through the voice?
A time-related note (March 2020)…
I had no idea how perfect the timing on this course would be while creating it, but seeing the potential of social distancing and safety quarantines makes me incredibly grateful for the medicine of music in my life!
I know I can always use it to soothe my soul and my body.
I want you to gift yourself that same powerful tool as well.
Let’s take this journey together, dear one. It will offer gems you cannot even conceive of, for years to come.
Will you join me?